Greetings in Christ Jesus,
Welcome to the Season of Pentecost. All summer we will be in Pentecost. What does this mean? This is the time we focus on growing together in the life of God. The Scripture readings focus on the life of Jesus in His Church. The Church uses the color green. This represents a time of growth in living out our life. Note Colossians 3:17: And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. God bless your journey.
Thanks to Dave Van Winkle for the flowering plants that he planted at the Senior Center. They are in loving memory of his wife Barbara. They will be dedicated at one of our Senior Saints gatherings.
The Senior Saints will meet each Wednesday in June. During July and August we will meet only on the second Wednesday of the month.
May God enrich your summer with His love and peace!
In Christ’s Love
Time for a word from Bingo, your friendly Basset Hound.
I sure am looking forward to summer. I hope your summer will be one of renewal. We all need time for a change of pace. I am not going to chase as many rabbits this summer.
On the last Sunday of May the Senior Saints and all the Sunday school children met in the Senior Center for a Bible lesson led by Jen Gatke. Young and old met together to celebrate that we all are one in Christ. We will do this every fifth Sunday. It was fun to watch.
I hear Dottie Buss is making plans for a new picture directory of our members. Watch for more information about getting your picture taken.
Here are a few smiles for your good health.
- I just saw a grandpa help a youngster who was staring into his phone, to cross the street.
- A patient: Doctor, I think I broke my arm in two places. He told me to stop going to those places
- Have you heard the watermelon joke? It’s pitiful.
- Why do golfers bring an extra pair of pants? In case they get a hole in one.
- You know you are older when you have a party and the neighbors do not realize it.
- Why do seagulls fly over the sea? If they flew over the bay, they would be bagels.
- When you are 20 and drop something, you pick it up. When you are 80, you decide that you do not need it.
- The good thing about having a bad memory is that jokes can be funny more than once.
Hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your summer!
Love from Bingo