Greetings in Christ Jesus
Welcome to February! This month has significant events to acknowledge. On the February 17th, Lent starts with Ash Wednesday. Lent is a very meaningful time for us. It reveals a loving God to us. Our sins have been paid for and we are free from the bondage of hell. Share this good news!
On February 2nd you can wish your friends, Happy Groundhog Day. This creature predicts if winter will be short or long. Such power in a rodent 😊
In February Robins start to return. If you participate in Senior Zoom meetings, you could win a prize if you are the first to see a Robin.
On the 14th. You can invite others to be your Valentine. What does that mean? It means that they are special to you. You want them to be part of your life. St Valentine’s Day is a religious not a national holiday. It was declared a Saint day by Pope Gelasius in AD 496. At the Reformation, Lutherans kept most of the Saint days. Valentine was a priest who was sentenced to death on February 14. Before he died he sent a note to his girlfriend and signed it “From your Valentine.” Now people invite others to be their Valentine. That is to an important person in your life. Jesus says to each of us. “I love you.” Say yes to His message to you. Invite Him to be your Valentine.
I pray all seniors will be vaccinated in February and we can start meeting in person. Have a safe month. God’s Blessings to all. Be my Valentine!
In Christ Our Valentine,
Hi Gang, Hope your Valentine’s Day is sweet with well wishes, cards, and chocolates. But please note that I still prefer PJ. My address is still at the Senior Center. It has been almost a year since I have seen you. I can hardly wait to see you soon.
Here come some smiles. To smile and laugh is good for you.
- What did the paper clip say to the magnet? I find you very attractive.
- What did the stamp say to the envelope on Valentine’s Day? I am stuck on you.
- Why didn’t the skeleton want to send any Valentine cards? His heart wasn’t in it.
- What did the calculator say to the pencil? You can count on me.
- What did one watermelon say to the other? You’re one in a melon.
- What did one blueberry say to the other one? I love you berry much.
- What did the whale ask the other whale. Whale you be mine?
- Knock knock Who is there? Bea who? Bea my Valentine.
Have a good month.