Greetings in Christ Jesus,
Welcome to June. Summertime officially starts. I am looking forward to warm, long days. I am pleased that life is getting back to a more normal way of living. I pray that you have an enjoyable summer. This is the time for enjoying God’s beautiful creation. You can hear children playing outside, laughing, and having fun. Matthew19:14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” The old saying goes that “kids will be kids.” President Teddy Roosevelt’s five kids once took a pony into a second-floor bedroom after riding it up the elevator! We can learn about God’s Kingdom from kids! God wants us to have fun and enjoy life like kids. Have great summer!
Senior Saints will meet each Wednesday in June. You are welcome to bring a sack lunch at high noon and enjoy fellowship, Bible Study, and worship.
God’s Peace abide with you!
I am so thrilled to see so many on Wednesdays. My whiskers and tail twitch. I actually see smiling faces. No masks are required and social distances are not enforced. Pastor mentioned that Jesus invited the children to come and we should have fun like them. So I did some research to find some smiles for your good health.
Put on your glasses, hold your sides. Smile big like a child. Warning! You need to be a senior to understand some of these.
- Know how to prevent sagging? Just eat till the wrinkles fill out.
- Did you hear why the 80-year-old got married to a 72-year-old? Because she could still drive after dark.
- I got used to arthritis, to my dentures I am resigned. I can manage my bifocals, but oh, I much I miss my mind.
- I called a friend not long ago. When he answered, I hung up quickly without speaking, for I forgot who I called.
- Here are some signs that you have grown up. 6 am is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
- Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
- You take naps from noon to 6 pm
- How many times is it appropriate to say, “What?” Before you just nod and smile because you still did not hear or understand a word they said?
- Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
- You enjoy hearing about other people’s operations.
Join us on Wednesdays for more corny smiles.
Enjoy June like a child.