Greetings in Christ Jesus
Welcome to summer. I pray that it will be a special time for you. The seniors will meet through June and then in July and August only on the second Wednesday.
This month I will share some thoughts on Ageism. Each day is another day in our lifetime. As we enter the latter stages, we realize time is getting shorter for our time on earth. Research finds that negative stereotypes can affect our wellbeing. Perhaps you hear jokes about hearing loss or memory problems. Comments can be harmful. Older folks need more contact with others. Older people need the ABC’s of successful aging: Attitude, Balance, and Connection. Our Senior Saints ministry offers this to our members. At Senior Saints one can find fellowship, and above all God’s Word for meaningful living. Psalm 92:14. They will bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green. Psalm 71:18. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake the, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation.
May God bless us all are we grow older!
A Joyful Summer,
Good old Summer Time! If you travel this summer and worship, bring back your Bulletin. Pastor Rich likes to see what is happening elsewhere.
How about some summer humor to keep healthy.
- Do fish go on vacation? No they stay in school.
- Why do oysters keep their pearls? Because they are shellfish!
- What do frogs like in summer?
- What’s gray, has four legs, and a trunk? A mouse on vacation.
- How can you tell the ocean is friendly? It waves.
- Why do fish swim in saltwater? Because pepper makes them sneeze.
- What did the dirt say to the rain? If you keep this up my name will be mud.
- My uncle named his dogs Timex and Rolex. They’re his watch dogs.
Enough for now.
Love from Your Basset Hound