Greetings in Christ Jesus
Welcome to November.
This month we end the Church year and start a new one with the First Sunday of Advent on November 28. At the end of the Church year, we remind ourselves of the final judgment, and at the beginning of the year, we remind ourselves of the first coming of Jesus. Why did He come? To save us from eternal death.
It is said that on his retreat from Greece after a military expedition, King Xerxes boarded a ship along with a number of his troops. They hit a terrible storm, and there was no hope unless the load was substantially lightened. So the King told them to show regard for their king. Many threw themselves overboard for the sake of their king. The ship made it safely to harbor. Thankfully Jesus did the opposite. He came to give us life as He gave His life for us. Colossians 3:16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly…with gratitude in your hearts. Thanks and praise to Jesus for our rescue!
During Advent, we will have Wednesday Advent services at 1:30 pm. This is especially for those who do not wish to venture out in the night. The first one is Wednesday, December 1.
God be with you as you continue your journey.
In Christ’ Love,
Hope this finds you behaving! I have been a good dog. I did not chew up any of the furniture. I found a piece of chocolate in my bed. Word is that it came from Paul H delivered by Karon.
I also have a companion at the Senior Center. His name is Pudeco. Peggy P. let him in claiming it was from Pary. I am happy to have him join me. You can see us by attending Senior Saints on Wednesdays.
Pudeco told me a few dog smiles, so I will share them with you. So smile big, it is good for your health.
- Did you hear about the three legged dog who is looking for the person who shot his paw.
- Why was the dog stealing shingles? He wanted to become a woofer.
- What is the difference between a business man and a hot dog? The business man wears a suit but the dog just pants.
- Why did the snowman name his dog Frost? Because he bites.
- Why do you not want to dance with a dog? They have two left feet.
- What happens when you cross a dog with an egg? You get a pooched egg.
- One more? Why do dogs need a license and cats do not? Cats cannot drive.
That is all Pudeco told me. If you have some, please share them with me.
Enjoy November. Love, Bingo