Greetings in the Name of Jesus,
Welcome to Summer! May this summer be a time to come closer to Jesus. The Senior Saints have a challenge for all. The seniors are reading the book of Acts and meditating on these Words of Scripture. This is a good time to read Acts during the Season of Pentecost. Acts gives us the history of the Church after the Resurrection and the Day of Pentecost. The challenge is to read and meditate on two chapters per week. Willing to accept the challenge?
The Seniors will meet only on the second Wednesday of July and August. In August we will have our picnic. Remember to get your picture taken for the new pictorial directory. Thanks to Dottie for heading that project.
Question. Are you free or in some type of bondage? Real freedom is found in The Truth. Jesus is the Truth! To know the Truth you must be in Scripture. If you are neglecting Scripture, you are missing out on being free. In John 8:31-32 we read, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” I urge you, search the Scriptures and be free!
God’s Blessings on your Summer!
In Christ’s Love,
Enjoy the Dog Days of Summer. This means we dogs take time to slow down and enjoy relaxing. I slow down on my sniffing for rabbits. We Basset Hounds give the rabbits a break. So my advice to you is give yourself a break from a hectic pace and have fun this summer.
Here are some summer smiles for your good health, and to celebrate summer.
- What is brown, hairy, and wears sun glasses? Give up? A coconut on vacation. Arf Arf!
- What kind of tree fits in your hand? Got it? A palm tree. Arf, Arf!
- What did the little corn say to the mama corn? Where is pop corn?
- Where do goldfish go on vacation? Around the globe.
Here is a cute one.
- What do you call a Basset Hound at the beach. In August? A hot dog, Arf,
- When do you go at red and stop at green? When you eat a watermelon.
- Why do fish swim in salt water? Because pepper makes them sneeze.
- Okay here it is. What did the reporter say to the ice cream? What’s the scoop?
Hope you smiled and you are healthier. Enjoy summertime!