Welcome to November!
It is time to prepare for winter. Pull out your winter clothes, and add another blanket to your bed. November also has some important times. There are elections, Thanksgiving, shopping sales, Advent starts this month. How did this month get its name? It comes from a Latin word meaning nine, because in the Roman calendar there were only 10 months in the year and November was the ninth month. Now you know the rest of the story.
For some, November may mean the onset of winter.
But good news, winter will not last forever. Spring will return. At times we may feel like our lives may be in the winter. But we know that we can trust God to get us through. Jesus is here for us. Trust in the Lord! Life in Heaven awaits us. Enjoy November!
God be with you,
I continue my lonely existence at the Senior Center. I await the time when you will return! If you are having the November blues, I have some November smiles for you. Ready?
- What do you use to mend a jack-o-lantern? A pumpkin patch.
- Who won the skeleton beauty contest? No body.
- Who helps the little pumpkins cross the road to school? Do not know? The Crossing Gourd. Ha haha.
- If money really did grow on trees, what would be your favorite Season?
- What did one leaf say to another? I am falling for you.
If you were able to answer the above questions, you may continue. Otherwise, STOP here.
- If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
- I bought some powdered water but I do not know what to add to it.
- How many of each species did Moses take on the ark with him?
- What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?
Answers to the last two…
- Moses was not in ark, Noah was.
- A Stamp
Enough for November!, Hope to chat next month.